Wednesday, July 22, 2009

DIY: Fruit Pizza

This past weekend was my friend Ephrem's birthday party, I was in charge of making the "cake," he wanted it to be unique and different. How did I do?

"Skinnie," this was the best birthday cake, um... dessert anyone has ever made me!

Score one for me! =)

Anyway, you can make this too...I cheated with the cookie and used a mix instead of baking from scratch, I also used peanut butter where most people generally prefer a sugar cookie "crust." I used the recipe for the cookie as directed on the bag, however I baked it for 20min on the pizza stone. My cookie was 1ft in diameter when it came out of the oven, you'll notice a difference in the final picture.I did make my own cream cheese frosting...
  • 1 8oz package of cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup softened butter
  • 1 cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
First you need to cream the butter and cream cheese together, then mix in the vanilla. After this you will gradually stir in the powdered sugar.Since it has been reaching 115* (no I'm not kidding) here in the day time, I baked this cookie around 6am, and made the frosting while it was in the oven. I left the cookie uncovered on the pizza stone in the fridge, and placed the frosting in a tupperware in the fridge. The party wasn't until 6pm, so around 5pm I pulled the cookie and frosting out, cut up all my fruit (nectarines, kiwis, strawberries, blueberries, and bananas) and started working on the finished product-Yum!
It was gone in less than 5min.


[as always, images can be viewed larger by clicking on them]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! =)