Friday, February 18, 2011

Coach?

My mom has an amazing client... one of those ladies that is fashionable, sweet, and wealthy but doesn't flaunt it AT ALL, seriously she's so kind and generous to everyone. Anyway, she has ALWAYS given my sister & I things from her many travels. Her favorite place to bring us items happens to be Peru.

Check out my most recent gift (click to view larger):The detail work is absolutely amazing.

Did I mention it was made out of a match book?!

Now you're all probably wondering why this post is titled "Coach?" well here's the reason: This woman fancies her Coach shoes & purses, which is fine. I have many friends who will gladly spend $200-400 on a purse or pair of shoes. I have never cared that much about brands (though I do love me some Banana Republic Factory Stores, haha), and I tend to spend my money on traveling rather than items. Anyway, she purchased a pair of shoes and they ended up being too wide for her, evidently she normally gets the narrow version. I have the tiniest/widest feet in my family, so she asked if I would like to try them on. I did, they fit, and she just gave them to me! I have never owned a piece of clothing/shoes this expensive before... well besides my wedding dress, obviously.

4 comments:

  1. Nice!! :-) I don't think I've ever paid more than $40 for a pair of shoes in my life; but I do loves me some Coach Leatherworks .. so enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shoes look great! Now you can say you own a pair of Coach shoes! ;)

    P.S. I'm like you - I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothing/shoes either.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)