Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday?

T.G.I.F. Right?
Except in our house it's more like... great, it's Friday evening and we've both had stressful days and all we want to do is absolutely nothing at all.

Which is lame. Really lame.
We live in Hawaii for crying out loud!
We should be going out and enjoying this wonderful place before that whole PCS shenanigan sneaks up on us.

I technically work for myself. However, being a "contract employee" I do what I have to do in order to keep hours/clients. My two main clients are realtors here in my town, their open day is always Friday so I spend 5-6hrs working in their office on marketing items. Within the past month things there have seriously been wearing me down. Last week there was a verbal confrontation with another contract employee that was very uncomfortable to witness. Today I had to address their mail-outs in cursive...um, I honestly don't think I've written in cursive since I was 12, I had to re-do the first 10! One of them is pretty Type A, so everything has to be done specifically step 1, 2, 3. It's not terrible, I make money and get to do all the other work via internet, but some days I feel like my patience and kindness is stretched to it's limit with all of the tiny intricate "this is how is must be done, there is absolutely no other way."

Hubby is still getting thrown around the battalion. Right now they want him to teach, which is fine he is instructor certified but he hasn't taught since we PCS'd here which is 1yr+ ago, not to mention a deployment thrown in there that didn't deal with what they are requiring him to teach, so he feels very unprepared and down on himself. We still haven't gotten post-deployment leave, so no plane tickets have been purchase. We haven't seen his parents since Christmas 2010, his sister since Thanksgiving 2010, and he hasn't seen mine since early last fall. Not to mention the fact that his name is still on the deploying roster for this fall...
*le sigh*

Hoping to bring you some lighthearted stuff soon!

3 comments:

  1. I hope your work environment gets better, there is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable and stressed out. Same with the hub's position. I know Daniel is going through a lot of ups and downs at work right now too. It would be so much easier to just know what was going on. We will be enjoying a nice evening in as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My work is all volunteer, so if I get fed up, I can choose not to go in. We are in Okinawa. I feel guilty, maybe, if we don't do something on a gorgeous day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I hate when everythig is rushed and nothing seems to be 'definate' plan wise. Hope you see a rainbow soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)