Friday, July 27, 2012

Post-deployment Downtime?

I just got my husband back... Literally.

Last night we were told he could be deploying again within 3-4 months. We haven't even gotten leave yet from the last deployment. I understand he's in a specialized unit and his skill set is in high demand... But in my head I'm screaming "COME ON, IS THERE NO ONE ELSE?!"

The sad truth is, currently in his job field, there isn't anyone else. Everyone that has the skills are deployed or getting ready to deploy. Others are training to do the same. So many people have gotten out of the military (in his job field) that they are severely lacking in man power. Post-deployment downtime is suppose to be 12mo but we know way too many guys that have been sent back within the 6mo-12mo timeframe, 4-5mo seems to be stretching it though =/

It could change. The rotation time could extend, I'm praying it doesn't shorten. My saving grace is that we don't have children, I cannot imagine trying to explain why daddy would be missing Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, and Easter again...

We haven't told anyone, not even the parents, you know how the military will change their minds 25x in the span of a week. As much as I don't like it, it would help him advance in his career as well. If it ends up being true 2011-2013 sure will be testing me emotionally, spiritually, and physically!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! That is a bummer, I am sorry for you guys :( My thoughts are with you, hopefully they will decide they don't need him after all! (we all know it's happened before)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart hurt for you reading this. God may not give us what we can't handle, but I really hope you two get a little more time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this. I do hope things change, but if not, (((hugs)))
    This life SUCKS sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that things go in a different direction. You both need a break!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)