Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday:Pick-Me-Up







Sometimes it is nice to hear someone validate the fact that you only have a {very} part-time job. Tell you that it's okay, that if you are doing well financially you don't need to be stressed out working 40+ hours a week, commuting 40-60mi roundtrip, and fighting the daily traffic on crazy freeways. Where is this coming from? An older spouse with two children pulled me aside at church today, at some point during our conversation she said: "Do not ever apologize or feel bad about your situation, if you are financially stable, enjoy your time here. Don't get close to your 3yr PCS and have to tell people - 'yeah, I lived in Hawaii but I worked 50hrs a week and the weekends were spent catching up on the household chores.'"
 

I guess I've just been thankful for the little things lately...
  • The beautiful sunsets
  • Finding beach glass treasures
  • Dinner nights with friends
  • The hunt for the perfect piggie
  • Dark chocolate and red wine
  • Love
What little blessings have you been experiencing?







4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with what she told you!! So glad you got that affirmation! Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post.. definitely agree with what that spouse said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! I love when older spouses get it and help younger spouses feel comfortable in our non 40 hour work week jobs or stay at home staus. It is so hard to get caught up by the popular opinion and feel bad we're not doing what people feel we should. I still have at least a year and a half here and when I heard it could be that short the first thing that came to mind was that there was still so much I hadn't done or seen because for 7 months I locked myself away in the house while hubs was gone! Not this deployment- I'm getting out and enjoying the area before we're leaving beautiful southern California!

    Finally back to linking up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Skinnie's church friend! I'm tired of feeling like I have to explain myself or justify working from home part to full time - I don't. We'll have both cars paid off and almost all debt paid in April except for a small amount of student loans. We aren't rich but were okay and our quality of life is SO MUCH better with me working from home! What works for us,well, works! Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)