Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Alright, I give. {MCB}

I wasn't going to post about the sacred day... but I've been suckered in. By whom? Well... technically no one... but I did want to address the whole dress/hair thing. So many ladies have been terrified/worried about the MCB, and I realize it IS a BALL, but geez ladies... it IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

My 1st ball-



I never pay to get my hair done, I'm sure it would look fantastic, but I don't see why I need to spend so much money on one night. I didn't even have my hair done for my wedding, my sister and best friend did it! Oh, and this dress... a leftover from prom, cost= $15.00

The group picture is post me getting steak on my dress (ps. I'm in the gold)... haha, a little seltzer water and a few wrinkles later- good to go! I am showing it to say all the dresses are acceptable, except the red one, that slit a little too high. Besides the dresses, you can wear your hair down, and updo is not mandatory. {and ignore the lens flare on the short black dress, I apologize!}

My 2nd-


Can you tell I was sick? My hair took all of 10min...haha.

I also grabbed the dress out of my closet- bought it on sale at ROSS a couple years before, a whopping $15.00. It went right below my knee and I wore my red shoes from the wedding. At some point matching the uniform gets boring after so many years being a Marine wife... and all of their pictures looked good. So if you want to wear a different color than blue/black/red/gold- WEAR IT!


This year?
It's still up in the air... the ball planning committee are idiots. It's actually on the 10th- a Wednesday... downtown at 5pm. I work and don't get of until 4ish. I don't live in downtown. Traffic is terrible. So... we'll see what happens!


Run down of my advice:
  • Don't dress trashy.
  • Be comfortable... if you aren't a showy person- a simple dress and hair-do is perfectly acceptable. If you love dressing up- go all out. But don't, under any circumstances, think you MUST get your hair done, your nails done, wear an expensive dress, shoes, & jewelry. There is such a thing as being fashionably frugal.
  • Enjoy yourself.
  • Listen for instructions- they will tell you when to stand/sit.
  • Respect the ceremony.
  • Don't be that girl that gets plastered and everyone videos her on the dance floor.
  • Take pictures, make memories.

I can't wait to see everyone's photos =)

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I've been to two balls and I can't tell you how many times I've seen girls dress really trashy. This isn't a night out at the club, it's a BALL. I do love your dresses though. Both times before I wore blue but this time I'm wearing black (my old homecoming dress) to save money. Not sure about my hair yet though. We'll see!

    Oh, and our USMC Ball is on Veteran's Day (Thursday). Very interesting how they planned that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went all out on our military ball... only because it was also our 3 year anniv, the first ball we were able to go to, and he had just returned from Afghanistan and I wanted to have a special time! I didn't spend any money on my hair and nails though! Just $150 on a dress, shoes, and clutch. I think I put pictures somewhere on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reused prom dress for balls before. That was like 8 years ago, before 2 kids and I could never do that now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)