Monday, July 4, 2011

Patriotic Yarn Wreath

So while I am in "recovery mode" I decided to do a little crafting. I actually bought all the supplies the morning of my ER visit, but didn't get around to being awake long enough or having enough energy to actually make my Patriotic Wreath until Saturday...

Anyway, start with some form of the following supplies:

Multi-colored yarn, 12in foam ring, & "felties" 
(or regular felt that you can cut/design yourself).
You'll also need a hot glue gun & something to use as a hanger 
(I used red ribbon I had in my craft box).

This wreath is a little time-consuming, but very simple! 
Here are the steps-
  1. Take the yarn and wrap it around the foam ring, applying glue at each change of color.
  2. Place "felties" or your cut out stars where you'd like, then hot glue them down.
  3. I measured my ribbon and simply stapled it in place on the back of the wreath, I'm sure you could use the yarn (maybe braid it?) to make a hanger as well.
Displayed on our front door!

 I love it- simplistic, cute & festive!


I think it would be easy to adapt this type of wreath for all different holidays! Christmas, Easter, and St. Patrick's Day are just a few that come to mind. Imagine the possibilities!

I hope you are all enjoying time with your family/friends on this wonderful 4th of July. Sometime during your festivities, please take a moment to remember what this day truly celebrates- the freedom of our nation, as well as the men & women who fought to make it and today keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! =)