Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Reaching the top (Diamond Head)

One of our adventures in the last two weeks included hiking Diamond Head, I was super disappointed in myself because at the top of the flight of 99 stairs I became completely dizzy and nauseous. I had to sit down in the entrance of the 225ft tunnel for 10min sipping water to compose myself. I am so over being sick with something I can't control and that the doctors have no idea what "it" is. The hike should have been relatively easy, there are a lot of steps, but even with my 10min melt-down we made it up in 50min... of course we made it down in 25min, haha!

The view from the top was amazing!

Downtown Waikiki

Random rain cloud over the ocean

The lighthouse

The spiral staircase you have to take to get to the very top!

Post-hike, ignore my pasty-whiteness... like I said, I wasn't feeling so hot.

Please do not steal my photos...

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, Diamond Head. Haha! LOVE the view, hate the hike! I'd much rather slog through miles of mud than climb those stairs... ;)

    Super cute blog! Let me know if anything happens with a milspouse meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made it up if it makes you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)