Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday: Pick-Me-Up

By popular demand, I have decided to share the recipe for the Orange Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies.

My disclaimer:
  1. These were made around 9pm, so I was looking for something quick & easy
  2. I NEVER follow a recipe fully... I love playing around with them, so... I will write out the recipe exactly as it is on the recipe card and will add my modifications in bold. Got it? Good =)
------------------------------------------------


Orange Cream Cookies
  • 1 pouch (1lb 1.5oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix (+the ingredients called for on the package)
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted [margarine]
  • 1 teaspoon orange extract [3 teaspoons orange zest]
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 bag (12oz/2cups) white chocolate chips [1.5cups chocolate chunks]
  • 5 drops yellow food coloring & 2 drops of red food coloring [did not use]
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350*
  2. Makie cookie dough as directed on the package, stirring in all additional ingredients except white chocolate chips. When well blended, stir in the chips. [used hand mixer, even with chocolate chunks]
  3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfull onto ungreased cookie sheet. [used my cookie scoop]
  4. Bake for 9-10min.
  5. Cool on cookie rack.
------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoy! These cookies are super soft and tasty, they were real winners in our house. Let me know what you think,
-Tay

4 comments:

  1. You can just send some of those my way..please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nom nom nom nom! They sound sooo delicious! Sometime after hubby comes home and I have time to think about baking I'll make them and let you know how they turn out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love orange and chocolate together. Definitely need to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an award for you on my page!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)