Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baking, cooking, food galore!

Goodness gracious, I love baking.
(it's also time to clear out the pantry for the PCS)

I don't know if it's like therapy for me, or if I just like being adventurous, or if I make things simply because they look delicious and I HAVE to try them... either way... baking happens a lot around my house. This is good & bad. Good because I discover new things, bad because... well... you can only eat so much "junk" before it catches up to you.

The funny part is, I'll eat a certain amount of what I bake... hubby eats even less, and then it sits there on the counter/stove/in the tupperware (hubs used to take leftovers to work, but all the Marines in his shop are on this uber-fitness kick). So, the new rule is I can only bake for events or if guests are coming over (which I generally did anyway).

Do not mistake my love for baking for us eating unhealthy... no-sir-ee! I love cooking as well... give me some fresh veggies, meats, and a pot of rice/potatoes and be prepared to be amazed! Okay, okay, that's stepping over the line. Neither my cooking nor my baking are anywhere near amazing. But, I do love trying out new recipes.

Within the last week we've had:
  • Spaghetti with homemade turkey meatballs, and "cheaters" homemade garlic bread
  • Chicken with an orange glaze complete with freshly sauteed onions accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes
  • Buffalo chicken with freshly steamed broccoli & rice
  • Ground turkey tacos
  • Pot Roast with red potatoes, carrots, celery, & onions
For the baking:
What can I say... the "Skinnie's" love food.
I guess that's a bit ironic.

This is a good resource for foods to eat. Although I don't entirely agree with everything, and there is NO way I can afford "organic" or "free-range.'

What are some of your favorite things to bake/cook?
How hard is it for you to keep a healthy diet with the busy hustle and bustle of everyday life... I know that some days I just don't want to cook at all and wish I could just pop something into the microwave... lame.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I definitely have to make those chocolate chip oreo cookie sandwiches!! I will be heading out to get oreos as soon as all this snow clears!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)