Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday: Pick-Me-Up


The beautiful Ines over at "The Few, The Proud, The Wife" has tagged me... here are her questions:

1. What would be your dream vacation?
Since this is a "dream vacation" why not dream BIG!? I would love to be able to take a year, charter a yacht, and travel the world. Pulling into port whenever and where ever we desired. Living the leisurely life at sea!

2. What's your favorite book and why?
"Killer Angels" by Michael Shaara, the Civil War fascinates me for some reason. I think it was because so many family members ended up fighting on different sides and some even ate lunch or dinner with each other in between battles! It is interesting to see both sides to the story and what the "reasons" for fighting were. I am also in love with Col. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, his speech in this book is absolutely amazing. Since reading this book in high school and writing a report on it, I've re-read it multiple times and now own the pre/post books: "Gods and Generals" and "The Last Stand." I recommend for anyone into historical fiction!

3. Whats the one thing you could change about your life? (it can be little or small)
My worrying. I've come so far since meeting my husband... dating, being engaged, and now married to a Marine has greatly helped my issues with needing things planned out at all times. The military could care less about your future plans- I'm learning to be flexible. I guarantee I will never stop being a worry-wart, BUT I won't have a heart attack about things.

4. Whats your most secret pleasure? (ie: reading trashy gossip magazines)
When hubby is gone... a really nice dark chocolate bar, popcorn, or Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia and a nice chick-flick!!

5. Whats your favorite meal?
Oh my gosh... I love love love Mexican food, especially homemade! Chimichangas, flautas, and tamales top my list!

6. Did you like high school or hated it?
It was just school. That's that. I only have a couple friends I still keep in touch with, other than that... I did get a good education, good enough that my GPA was high enough for a free ride to college.

7. Whats your fashion sense/style?
Haha... fashion... me? You must have me confused with my fashionista sister! I'm pretty much the least fashionable person I know, if it's comfortable and functional that's usually what you'll find me in. However, I have recently begun to expand my wardrobe- I will be 24 soon and really should stop dressing like a college-bum! =)

8. Name on thing you can't live without that isn't your family or pet? (ie: your cellphone)
Oh man... this would HAVE to be chap stick! You'll find them in my purses, pockets, etc. Lately it's been Burt's Bees. I also have a really cool one called the Eosphere, it looks like a mini-egg and makes your lips so smooth, not to mention is SPF15!



I am supposed to make questions and tag people to play along... I am so overwhelmed with work and preparing for my parent's visit that I can't even begin to think about that right now. I really love these questions though... so if you'd like to play along why not answer these questions in the comments below!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! =)