Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cake Boss Lovin'

So like I had mentioned before... we were planning one more day trip for our time here on the East Coast. Hubby, the couple we are currently staying with, and I jumped on a MegaBus and headed to the big ole' NYC for our first time ever (our friends have gone at least 4 or 5 times).

However, as the title says, this post is not about our time in NYC, that may or may not come later. This is about our time at Carlo's Bakery in New Jersey!


Halfway through the day we hopped on the PATH (Subway from NY-NJ) and got off in Hoboken, walked 3 blocks and ran into this:

We waited 2hrs... but it was worth it, just look at the yumminess:
3 cannolis, 2 lobster tails, 4 7-layer Italian cookies, & a mini St. Joseph's Day zeppoli

Oh, we also saw...
Mauro,
Frankie,
& Danny!

So, it's obvious we are Cake Boss fans... no lie that Duff from Ace of Cakes makes some awesome looking creations but I love how Buddy's cakes are made to be as edible as possible! Cereal treats for molding, none of that foam crap that you can't eat. FYI- we currently live near "Charm City" and you can't even go into their bakery unless you're getting a cake consultation, and their cakes start at $1,000... so not going to happen for us.

4 comments:

  1. Those treats look so yummy! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooooooooove Cake Boss!!! I grew up about an hour from Hoboken but I've only seen Carlo's from the outside. I would looove one of his cannolis. Or lobster tails. *sigh* (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! The show is neat - I love the creativity they do with the different cakes and how they make everything edible!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Gosh. I am so incredibly jealous!!!!! I love, love, LOVE Cake Boss!!! I've pretty much decided that I love anything that Buddy comes up with... I watch his other show Kitchen Boss too. =P And I desperately want his book. Haha! So, getting to go to Carlo's would be 9 kinds of amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)