Wednesday, April 6, 2011

...and...We're off!

By the time you read this we'll either be in Atlanta waiting for our connecting flight or be on the connecting flight for 10.5hrs! So, you know, that's a lot of time for you to happen upon this blog post.

I saw it once, saw it again, then like 10 more times and figured... oh alright, why not? So may I present, the {in}famous "milSpouse Survey" ...Skinnie Piggie style!


--------------------------------------

1. How long have you been a military wife?
It'll be 2yrs this fall, we dated for 2yrs before getting married.

2. What branch of service is your husband?
USMC

3. Active/Reserve?
Active Duty

4. What is his job?
Classified - No, seriously. I don't even know what he does.

5. How many deployments have you gone through?
Zero... lots of training/separations though.
I know it's not the same.
I'm going to hate it.

6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
I love the USMC cammies, but I also love dress blues & charlies

7. What do you like about being a military wife?
It's harder being far away from family & best friends. But the travel opportunities are fun, making new friends, etc.

8. Do you live on base?
Not here, maybe there?
Doubt it though... no kids=no preference.
Haha.

9. What is your favorite base so far?
I've only been on one with him (one without him-my internship with the Coast Guard), this is his 3rd... we'll be going to his 4th.

10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
Separations.
Constant change.
Living out of suitcases.
Not knowing the next step.

11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
Commissary... even though I think we get cheated with a "surcharge" that equals 6% which conveniently is the tax here. Although, the prices are much more reasonable so it makes up for it.

12. Do you work or stay at home?
It took me 10mo to find a job here, the same day I was hired we got orders to PCS... I worked for 5mo and now we're on an airplane headed to a new place for me to be a SAHW looking for a job.

13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
I actually have more church friends, but some of the church friends run over into the milSpouse category and they tend to be my favorites because they have the best of both worlds for friendship... honest faith & shared lifestyle.

14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
Whatever is cheaper. No other reason.

15. How did your husband propose?
On the beach in Ventura California...
I had just picked him up at the San Francisco Airport so he could make the 14hr drive home with me from my internship. 2hrs into the 7hr drive to my Aunt & Uncle's I got pulled over for "speeding" (remember my car?) he talked to my then boyfriend about the USMC for 15min, and STILL reached over him and handed me the $256 ticket.
I was so mad & crying.
We finally got to my relatives house, they had prepared a delicious meal... then my cousin took us down to the beach to watch the sunset....
And that's where it happened.
Needless to say my ticket didn't mean much after that!

16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
After, he hit his 3yr mark right before the wedding.

17. How long have you been together?
Started dating spring of 2007

18. Any kids?
No, not even furbabies anymore...

19. Any kids yet to come?
Sometime in the future.

20. Is your husband one of those "I am Marine hear me OORAH" kind of guys?
Negative. Only with old Salty former Marines ;-p
I'm more "moto" than he is, haha...

21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
He tried to teach me the hip throw once... didn't turn out well for him.

22. How many bases have you lived at?
I lived on the Coast Guard base in Petaluma, CA
We live off base here in Maryland.

23. If you could change one thing about the military?
Less paperwork. I don't really like the whole "dependent" title either. Yes I am married and I depend on my husband for certain things, but... well, you know.

24. Do you like military balls?
I love the history behind them. I also love dressing up and having fun with everyone.

25. Where does your family live?
AZ/OH/FL

26. What do you do for a job?
I've done a lot...
Recreation Assistant, Event Planner, Photographer's Assistant

27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
Uh, I am an NCO's wife...
I get frustrated with them.
I tend to ignore them.

28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
Girl's nights!

29. Do you think other wives do that too?
I sure hope so... it's great to have other people around.
=)

3 comments:

  1. Hi :) I've been following for a while now. Just thought I would say hello! I'm a Marine wifey too :)

    ~annie-simplify.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels! Loved reading your responses to this survey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip girlie! I really do a lot of those things and certain things about being a military wife are fun but others, eh, not so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! =)